About this event
QuickBooks Connect $100k Hackathon
We are so excited you have chosen to participate in the QuickBooks Connect Hackathon pre conference event. The hackathon brings together 175 talented developers, designers and entrepreneurs to compete over 36 hours by designing innovative applications to solve small business problems by leveraging the QuickBooks platform.
Signing Up Haven't signed up yet? Go to the Quickbooks connect Conference page to sign-up. http://quickbooksconnect.com/
• Track 1: Existing Apps If you have an existing SaaS small business app, build an innovative integration with the QuickBooks platform to make your app even more powerful and useful than before.
• Track 2: New Apps Create a solution to a real problem faced by small business by leveraging the QuickBooks platform. This brand new app will integrate with QuickBooks Online and address a real customer pain point.
• Track 3: Solution for Non-Proﬁts Create a solution to a real problem faced by non-proﬁts by leveraging the QuickBooks platform. Add QuickBooks platform functionality to your existing SaaS app, or build a brand new app that leverages the QuickBooks platform. Either way, your solution addresses a real pain point for non-proﬁts.
Judging Criteria • Quality and Design 33.3% (0-10 points) How elegant is the design? How well is the QuickBooks platform leveraged? How deep is the integration?
• Impact 33.3% (0-10 points) How eﬀective is the app at addressing the speciﬁc customer pain point? Can the team demonstrate proof points with real customer feedback?
• Innovation 16.7% (0-5 points) How innovative is the solution? Are there similar solutions in the market? How is this diﬀerent?
• Simplicity 16.7% (0-5 points) Ease of use of app, and ease of understanding of app purpose. Is the application straightforward to use and is the UX/UI easy to use and appealing? Can the team explain it clearly?
- Grand Prize:
Grand Prize: Total potential value of $40k $10,000 cash (to be shared evenly among 1-5 team members). Also...
- Track 1: Total potential value of $20k
Track 1: Total potential value of $20k $5,000 cash (to be shared evenly among 1-5 team members). Also, if ...
- Track 2: Total potential value of $20k
Track 2: Total potential value of $20k $5,000 cash ( to be shared evenly among 1-5 team members). Also, if...
Sunday, November 1:
08:00 AM - 10:00 AM - Arrivals, registration, breakfast
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM - Welcome and Small Business, Non-Profit Panels
11:30 AM - Coding begins
12:00 PM - Lunch
01:30 PM- 5:30 PM - Breakout Sessions
06:00 PM - Dinner
TBD time - “Accountant Encounters” – get direct feedback on your app ideas
7:00 PM - “How to Pitch Your App” session
**Through the night Snacks and raffles
Although staying overnight isn’t required, we highly recommend it.
Monday, November 2:
08:00 AM - Breakfast
09:00 AM – Iterating with Feedback from your Customers
**Perfect Pitch coaching throughout the day
09:30 AM - Submit Projects to Hackathon.io
12:00 PM - Lunch
12:00 PM - “Accountant Encounters” – get direct feedback on your app ideas
03:00 PM - Hacking ends!
03:00 - 04:30 PM - Preliminary Judging
6-8pm #Unicornlibations Reception (quench your thirst and appetite before /during the finalist pitches)
The official rules are here: https://developer....
- The official rules are here: https://developer.intuit.com/docs/qbc2015_hackathon_rules All participants must sign their agreement to these rules upon arrival at the hackathon in order to participate.
- Fresh Code Rule: All code developed as part of the QuickBooks Connect Hackathon must be FRESH–that’s how we keep these things fair. Before the start of the QuickBooks Connect Hackathon, developers can create wireframes, designs and user flows. They can also come with hardware. But to keep things fair, all code must be written onsite at the QuickBooks Connect Hackathon. Other than that, almost anything goes and you can use any coding languages or open-source libraries you’d like.
- IP Ownership: Participants will own the rights to their work. Code Review: Winning teams may be subject to a code-review usually following the event or immediately after demos.
- Team Size: Teams of up to 5 humans are allowed. You can also add 1 cyborg, Furby, drone, or Sphero. Teams may be created at the event, or prior to the event on hackathon.io.
- Submissions: Projects must be submitted to Hackathon.io, which projects should be submitted on.
- DEMO your hack: You must demo your hack in order to present. Don’t be scared if you didn’t finish… it’s okay long as you tried your best. You will have a maximum of 3 minutes to demo, 2 minutes for judges’ Q&A.
- CODE OF CONDUCT https://developer.intuit.com/docs/qbc2015_code_of_conduct
NO ADD’L PUR. OR PYMNT NEC. TO ENTER OR WIN. Enter in person by 11:00am PST on 11/2/15. Must be 18+, paid attendee, and present at QuickBooks Connect 2015 Hackathon in San Jose, CA during 11/1-11/2 to participate. For complete details and prize descriptions see Official Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: Intuit Inc., Mountain View, CA.