About this event
This year Moto released its brand new Moto Z + Moto Mods™ allowing you to transform your phone in a snap.
Each Moto Mod is built on the new Moto Mods™ Development Kit which gets hackers and makers closer than you’ve ever been to the phone of your dreams.
Bring your great ideas to the hackathon, use the Moto Mods™ Dev kits and win amazing prizes and opportunities.
The best part? Moto has partnered with Lenovo Capital. Build something really amazing, and you may just get the chance to get some investment. Up to $1 million.
- Grand Prize:
● $5,000 USD cash prize per Team ● Invitation to pitch your mod at Moto HQ for Lenovo Capital investment...
- Second Place:
● 1 Moto Mods Development kit per Team ● 1 Moto Z phone per Team Member
Saturday, March 11
09:00 am Doors Open and Breakfast
10:00 am Opening Ceremony
11:00 am Hackathon Begins, Form Teams & Ideate
12:00 pm Lunch & MDK Technical Deep Dive
1:00 - 4:00 pm Moto Office Hours & Hardware Checkout
vet ideas, Identify solutions
6:00 pm Dinner
8:00 - 10:00 pm Moto Pitch Prep Office Hours
12:00 am Midnight Snack
12:00 - 8:00 am Hack through the night
Sunday, March 12
7:00 am Breakfast
9:00 - 11:00 am Moto Pitch Prep Office Hours
12:00 pm Lunch
1:00 pm Submission Deadline
2:00 pm Demos
3:30 pm Judge Deliberation and Happy Hour
4:00 pm Awards & Closing
Each submission will be scored in each round based on the following criteria with a minimum score of 0 and a maximum score of 25 points, with the final score being the average of the judges' scores...
Each submission will be scored in each round based on the following criteria with a minimum score of 0 and a maximum score of 25 points, with the final score being the average of the judges' scores:
○ Create New Category Use Case – How creative was the team in developing an innovative solution for the challenge? Is the mod simple to use and can the team explain it clearly in three sentences or less? (5 Points)
○ Solves Consumer Painpoint - Does is solve a problem? (5 Points)
○ Feasibility – Is the mod technically feasible and scalable? (5 Points)
○ Viability – Is the mod marketable? Does commercial viability exist? Does it answer a need or demand? (5 Points)
○ Execution – Have you created a working or functional prototype? (5 Points)