About this event
The Kerala Road Safety Hackathon is a partnership initiative between the World Bank, IFC and AXA, in association with the Kerala Road Safety Authority and Department of Information Technology, supported by AngelHack and GTech.
The event expects 125 to 150 talented developers from all over India. Participants will have 24 hours to build working technology and to create solutions pertaining to road safety.
Participants will create concepts for software or hardware based program/applications for the ‘4 Es’ of Road Safety.
IV.Emergency Care Management (Post-Crash Management)
- HARDWARE PRIZES: AXA Business Services.
BEST HARDWARE SOLUTION: 190,000₹ <br/> RUNNER-UP HARDWARE SOLUTION: 95,000₹
- INNOVATION PRIZES:AXA Data Innovation Lab
MOST INNOVATIVE SOLUTION (HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE): 190,000₹
- SOFTWARE PRIZES : Bharti-AXA General Insurance
BEST SOFTWARE SOLUTION: 190,000₹<br/> RUNNER-UP SOFTWARE SOLUTION: 95,000₹<br/>
Pre-Hackathon Virtual WebEx Session
The Kerala Road Safety pre-hackathon virtual session is hosted via WebEx. All developers, designers and entrepreneurs are invited to join the session. Hackathon organizers will propose the hackathon challenge, introduce various data sets available and answer any questions to help ensure an amazing experience. The session will be hosted on webex (the url will be sent via calendar invite to the designated evangelist) ticket holders will be invited and the session will also be made public via social media.
6:30 pm (EST) Pre-Kerala Road Safety Hackathon Virtual Session via WebEx to 8:30 pm
Saturday August 22, 2015
- 09:00 AM – Doors Open, Breakfast & Registration
- 10:00 AM – Opening Ceremony & Presentations
- 12:00 PM – Team Pitches, 12:30pm – Coding Begins
- 12:00 PM – Lunch
- 06:00 PM – Dinner
- 12:00 AM – Midnight Snack
What are the Rules? Fresh Code Enforced: We all start coding at the same time. This is done to keep things fair. Please don’t come in and build on top of previous projects if you want...
What are the Rules?
- Fresh Code Enforced: We all start coding at the same time. This is done to keep things fair. Please don’t come in and build on top of previous projects if you want to win.
- No PowerPoints: You must demo your hack in order to present. No slide-decks or power-points will be allowed. 2 minute presentation 1 minute Q&A from Judges
- Submissions: Each hackathon has its individual hackathon.io page, which projects should be submitted on. Submission time is normally 11:00am Sunday unless stated otherwise.
- Code Review Winning teams will be subject to a code-review at some point following the event or immediately before winning.
- Team Size:Teams of up to 5 humans are allowed. You can also add 1 cyborg, Furby, drone, or Sphero.
Who Owns the IP?
At the Kerala Road Safety Hackathon participants will be creating impactful solution to address Kerala’s most pertinent Road Safety concerns. Participants are asked to use only open API’s and technology. In exchange for prize money participants will give KRSA access to full code repository.
What is the fresh code rule?
All code developed as part of Kerala Road Safety Hackathon must be fresh. Before the start of the Kerala Road Safety Hackathon, attendees may create wireframes, designs and user flows. They can also come with hardware. But to keep things fair, all code must be written onsite at the Kerala Road Safety Hackathon. Other than that, almost anything goes and you can use any coding languages or open-source libraries.