About this event
A team hackathon attacking uncertainty in applied geophysics. We challenge you to build a web or mobile app to help understand, compute, estimate, visualize, or reduce uncertainty in acquisition, processing, interpretation or analysis.
At START Houston at 1121 Delano Street, Houston.
The theme is based on one of the unsolved problems in subsurface geoscience. Now let's build something useful!
More info on the wiki page
Schedule for the day is not published
8 AM — Doors open, breakfast
9 AM — Welcome
11 AM — Team pitches
12 PM — LUNCH
6 PM — Break for the day, and dinner
It's your hackathon. You can work on anything you like, in any way you like, if you don't want to be part of the contest. Team size. Teams should have no more than 4 members **F...
- It's your hackathon. You can work on anything you like, in any way you like, if you don't want to be part of the contest.
- Team size. Teams should have no more than 4 members
- Fresh code. None of your code should exist before the hackathon, and the code must be developed on site. Teams may plan ahead of time, however.
- Frameworks. You can use any language, frameworks, platforms, or libraries you wish. You can build an iOS or Android mobile app or a web app, but not a desktop application.
- Publishing code. There will be extra credit for published, open source code — but this is at the team’s discretion. We’d love to see a new software company too!
- Schedule. We will start as soon after 9 am on Saturday as we can. We will finish at 4 pm sharp on Sunday, and commence with demos.
- Prize categories. There will be 2 categories: Best overall, and Best idea. There will be prizes.
- Judging criteria. To compete, you must deliver a working app, and a 3 minute demo/presentation. You will be scored on originality, functionality, science, impact, and design.
- Small print. By taking part in the event, you agree to allow Agile Geoscience to include mention of your participation in the event, and to appear in photos and video of the event.
- Smaller print. Agile Geoscience makes no claim over intellectual property generated during the event. Your work belongs to you and your team.
- Smallest print. Agile Geoscience reserves the right to change the rules before the event starts, and is the sole arbiter of rule interpretation should disputes arise. Which seems unlikely.