Febreze Home Hack
Personalize your home, your scent, and a whole lot more.
- Saturday, Mar 04 2017
- 06:00 AM PST
- Santa Clara, CA
We know some rules are meant to be broken, but you should probably stick by these:
- Fresh Code We all start coding at the same time. This is done to keep things fair. No one is allowed to come in and build on top of previous projects. It’s cool to work on designs beforehand, digital mockups, open source frameworks, and anything else available to everyone, but keep things within fair limits.
- Code Review Winning teams will be subject to a code-review at some point following the event or immediately before winning. This is to ensure that all code used is in fact fresh.
- Ownership and IP Teams have full ownership of everything they build at our events and are free to do with it as they wish.
- Team Size Teams of up to 5 humans are allowed. You can also add 1 cyborg, Furby, drone, or Sphero.
- Submissions Each hackathon has its individual hackathon.io page, which projects should be submitted on. Submissions take place after 24 hours of pure hacking.
- DEMO your Hack You must demo your hack in order to present. No slide-decks or Powerpoint will be allowed. Two minute presentation and one minute Q&A from Judges.
- Have a damn good time!
How is the hackathon judged?
- Impact: How impactful will this solution be for it’s target audience? Is it scalable?
- Creativity: How original is this solution?
- Design: How well designed is this solution, from front end through to UI/UX?
- Execution: How well executed is this solution from start to finish?