About this event
What is Apps World Hackathon, Powered by AngelHack
The Hackathon has been a continued highlight of the Apps World series globally and is a chance for developers to do what they do best - CODE! The Hack this year is supported by WaveMaker, Honda, Mojio and Microsoft Azure; and powered by AngelHack. Our sponsors will be launching some very exciting briefs around different verticals for you and your team to work on.
What do you need to bring with you?
Your coding brain, a sense of creativity, your laptop and a determination to get stuck in and get involved!
<strong>Honda Challenge:</strong> Honda Developer Studio is challenging developers to create a connected ca...
<strong>Microsoft challenge:</strong> Create an innovative app using one or more of Microsoft’s API’s.<br/>...
<strong>Mojio Challenge:</strong> Create a Connected Car app that enhances the user experience behind the w...
- 08:30 - Check In Begins
- 09:00-10:00 - Quick Fire APIs, App Briefings and Team Formation
- 10:00-10:30 - Meet the Mentors 10:30-13:00 - GET YOUR HACK ON!
- 13:00-14:00 - The Lunch of Coding Champions
- 14:00-17:00 - Hacking continues – time to reach for the Soda!
- 17:00-18:00 - Winding down for day and start of BIG MEETUP
- 08:30 - Welcome refreshments
- 09:00 -12:30 - Time Again to Get YOUR HACK ON
- 12:30-13:30 - Lunch break Judges arrive and start to mingle with the hackers
- 13:30-15:00 - Final Coding Stretch
- 15:00-16:00 - Presentations for Judges, Maximum 3 minutes per team!
- 16:00-16:30 - Hackathon winners announced and awards presentation
1. Fresh Code We all start coding at the same time. This is done to keep things fair. Please don’t come in and build on top of previous projects if you want to win. It’s cool...
1. Fresh Code
We all start coding at the same time. This is done to keep things fair. Please don’t come in and build on top of previous projects if you want to win. It’s cool to work on designs beforehand, digital mockups, open source frameworks, and anything else available to everyone, but try to keep things within just limits.
2. Code Review
Winning teams will be subject to a code-review at some point following the event or immediately before winning.
3. Ownership and IP
Teams have full ownership of everything they build at our events and are free to do with it as they wish.
4. Team Size
Teams of up to 5 humans are allowed. You can also add 1 Cyborg, Furby, Drone, or Sphero.
5. DEMO your Hack
You must demo your hack in order to present. No slide-decks or PowerPoints will be allowed. 2 minute lightening presentation, 1 minute Q&A from Judges.