AngelHack Manhattan 2015
Welcome to the Eighth season of AngelHack!
- Saturday, Jul 11 2015
- 09:00 AM EDT
- Manhattan, New York
Sponsor Prize: Amazon Web Services
- Challenge: As the IoT becomes more and more prevalent we're interested in seeing how people can connect IoT devices with AWS to collect data from previously unrecorded sources. What can you do with that data and what problems can you solve?
- Prize: $100 AWS Credits + AWS Technical Training ($600) + $80 credit for self-places labs + 1 month AWS support ($100) for all participants.
- Amazon Fire TV (up to 5) for the team that best utilizes Amazon Web Services. It’s the easiest way to enjoy over 200,000 TV episodes and movies on Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, and HBO GO, plus games, music, and more.
- Link: https://aws.amazon.com/activate/event/ah2015/
Sponsored by Amazon Web Services
Sponsor Prize: Clusterpoint
- Challenge: Build any web or mobile applications, which uses Clusterpoint Cloud as back-end database solution.
- Prize: Clusterpoint Global Competition - $10,000 will be awarded to the best team that utilizes the Clusterpoint Cloud as a backend database in their project built during an AngelHack hackathon. Winners will be announced within 1 week after the series end. Additionally, any participant who signs up for Clusterpoint will receive $2500 in Clusterpoint Cloud credits.
- Prize: Oculus Dev Kit for each member of the winning team
- Link: https://www.clusterpoint.com/events/angelhack/
Sponsored by Clusterpoint
Sponsor Prize: HP
- Challenge: Build any web, mobile, or IOT application that uses APIs from HP Haven OnDemand. APIs can be accessed via http://hpsw.co/Ms8i3N7 - all developers get a FREE account and API key, plus an increased hackathon quota. The winning app will be judged on the best and most innovative use of the Haven OnDemand APIs. Chaining multiple Haven OnDemand APIs is encouraged for more impressive outcomes.
- Prize: GoPro Hero 4 Silver Edition for each member of the winning team with an idolondemand.com account (up to 5x units max per team).
- Link: http://www.idolondemand.com/
Sponsored by HP Haven OnDemand
Sponsor Prize: IBM Bluemix
- Challenge: Create an app showing innovative use of Bluemix
- Prize: Winners will recieve Beats by Dre' Headphones and access to the IBM Global Entrepreneur Program for Cloud Start-ups and will be eligible for up to $120,000 of free IBM Cloud credit.
- Link: https://ibm.biz/angelhack2015
Sponsored by IBM Bluemix
Sponsor Prize: Omron
- Challenge: Create new and interesting application utilizing the data provided by Omron's supplied HVC-C1 sensor which offers the following functions:
- Face Detection
- Human Body Detectionn
- Age/Gender Estimation
- 4Gaze/Blink Estimation
- Expression Estimation
- Facial Pose Estimation
- Hand Detection
- Prize: $200 USD Visa card × 5
- Link: https://github.com/OmronSensingEggProject
Sponsored by Omron