About this event
Every year, AngelHack adventures across the globe for our yearly Global Hackathon Series. Over the course of Summer 2018, we’ll hit six continents, bridging the gap between Silicon Valley innovation and entrepreneurs all over the world.
This year’s theme? Seamless Technology. Hackathons are built for rapid innovation, and rapid isn’t always pretty. But no matter the roadblock, broken code or bumps, we continue on and push forward, together. There’s no boundary or limit to what we can create.
So join us! Create something cool. Meet great people. Win great prizes. Who knows, your founder journey may begin at Capital Factory in Austin!
- Express Scripts
Challege: To transform, technology must be bold! It must solve problems for all groups of people. The Expre...
Challenge: Build an app or Website that connect people and IoT devices. Surprise us with what you can do wi...
- Amazon Web Services
$100 AWS credits to all attendees: https://pages.awscloud.com/ahawshacks18.html
9:00 AM : Doors Open & Breakfast
10:00 AM : Opening Ceremony, Sponsor Welcomes, & Team Building
11:00 AM : Coding Kick Off
1:00 PM : Lunch
2:00 PM : Sponsor Breakout Sessions
7:00 PM : Dinner
9:00 PM : Pitch Workshop
10:00 PM : Venue Closes
*Venue not open overnight
8:00 AM : Venue Opens / Breakfast
12:00 PM : Lunch
1:00 PM : Code Freeze & Submission Deadline on hackathon.io
1:30 PM : A/V Check
2:00 PM : Demos
4:00 PM : Winners are Announced / Prizes!
We know some rules are meant to be broken, but you should probably (read: definitely) stick by these: 1. Fresh Code - We all start coding at the same time. It’s cool to work on designs...
We know some rules are meant to be broken, but you should probably (read: definitely) stick by these:
1. Fresh Code - We all start coding at the same time. It’s cool to work on designs beforehand, digital mockups, open source frameworks, and anything else available to everyone, but keep things within fair limits.
2. Code Review - Winning teams may be subject to a code-review at some point following the event or immediately before winning. This is to ensure that all code used is in fact fresh.
3. Ownership and IP - You own your IP and whatever you create. Simple as that.
4. Team Size - No more than five people.
5. Submissions - Each hackathon has its individual hackathon.io page where projects need to be submitted by the designated time. You’ll receive an email with instructions on how to do just that.
6. Demos - You’ll have 2 minutes to demo the functionality of your project and talk through your idea, and 1 minute for Q&A from judges.
7. Be cool to your fellow hackers! Check out our Code of Conduct.