AngelHack Washington DC 2016
- Saturday, May 21 2016
- 01:00 AM EDT
- Washington DC, USA
Grand Prize: An exclusive invite to our HACKcelerator Program
- A 12-week Curriculum to turn your hackathon idea into a startup reality
- A diverse network of both local and global mentors
- Weekly guest speakers
- A chance to fly to Silicon Valley for our Annual Global Demo Day and participate in a week of extensive pitch training!
Sponsored by Angelhack
HPE Haven OnDemand
Challenge: Build the most innovative cognitive computing solution to augment human intelligence using the HPE Haven OnDemand natural language processing, machine learning, and predictive analytics APIs.
Prize: 1 GoPro - HERO4 Session HD Waterproof Action Camera for each active member of the team (max 5 units).
Amazon Web Services
Prize: $100 in AWS Credits per person through AWS Activate and
- AWS Free Usage Tier
- 1 month AWS Support at Business level
- AWS Technical Essentials Online Training ($600 value)
- AWS Business Essentials Online Training ($600 value)
- 80 credits for Self-paced labs Training ($80 value)
- 1:1 Office Hours with AWS Solutions Architects
- Access to the Startup Blog and Startup Forum
- Special "Self-starter" Third-Party offers
Sponsored by Amazon Web Services
Challenge: Develop an app for iOS, Android, web, or Windows that uses the WILL SDK with a focus on productivity, writing, games, or other novel uses of digital ink.
Global Prize The top two WILL SDK projects from all over the globe will win the following: • Selected as finalists in the global Wacom Inkathon • All expense paid trip to CES in January 2017 • Finalists will then pitch for a chance to win $10,000, $5,000, or $2500 prizes.
WILL SDK Link: https://developer.wacom.com/technologies/will-universal-ink Global Prize Submission Link: http://goo.gl/forms/tVJP8InYft
• The Challenge is Simple. AngelHack’s nonprofit arm, Code For A Cause, is challenging superhero coders to build a technology that will have a positive impact on the world, people, or environment.
• The Prize is Awesome. At the end of the 9th Global Series, the top three Code4Impact Award Winners will be invited to the AngelHack HACKcelerator Program. One of these three lucky teams will be flown out to San Francisco, for our 5th Annual Global Demo Day and will pitch to some of the largest Accelerators and Investors in the world, while meeting with leading social entrepreneurs. For more details click here.
Challenge: #BestMicrosoftHack is a challenge to see the best use of Microsoft Azure cloud. To qualify you must use Microsoft Azure Cloud or one of Microsoft APIs such as: Office365, Bing or OneDrive. Microsoft team will offer Microsoft Azure Passes for all teams who would like to participate in the challenge.
Challenge: Best Use of Esri Technology
Prize: $1000 for team
Another great resource for attendees to check is: http://esri.github.io
Challenge: Create a user generated online content community that can be accessed by an app and/or website.
Prize: Myo Armband (1 per team member)
Sponsored by Hershey