AngelHack Sydney 2016
- Sunday, Jun 19 2016
- 03:00 PM AEST
- Sydney, Australia
Grand Prize: An exclusive invite to our HACKcelerator Program
- A 12-week Curriculum to turn your hackathon idea into a startup reality
- A diverse network of both local and global mentors
- Weekly guest speakers
- A chance to fly to Silicon Valley for our Annual Global Demo Day and participate in a week of
- extensive pitch training!
Sponsored by Angelhack
Amazon Web Services
Prize: $100 in AWS Credits per person through AWS Activate and
- AWS Free Usage Tier
- 1 month AWS Support at Business level
- AWS Technical Essentials Online Training ($600 value)
- AWS Business Essentials Online Training ($600 value)
- 80 credits for Self-paced labs Training ($80 value)
- 1:1 Office Hours with AWS Solutions Architects
- Access to the Startup Blog and Startup Forum
- Special "Self-starter" Third-Party offers
Sponsored by Amazon Web Services
HPE Haven OnDemand
Challenge: Build the most innovative cognitive computing solution to augment human intelligence using the HPE Haven OnDemand natural language processing, machine learning, and predictive analytics APIs.
Prize: 1 GoPro - HERO4 Session HD Waterproof Action Camera for each active member of the team (max 5 units).
Sponsored by HPE Haven OnDemand
Challenge: Develop an app for iOS, Android, web, or Windows that uses the WILL SDK with a focus on productivity, writing, games, or other novel uses of digital ink.
Global Prize The top two WILL SDK projects from all over the globe will win the following: • Selected as finalists in the global Wacom Inkathon • All expense paid trip to CES in January 2017 • Finalists will then pitch for a chance to win $10,000, $5,000, or $2500 prizes.
WILL SDK Link: https://developer.wacom.com/technologies/will-universal-ink Global Prize Submission Link: http://goo.gl/forms/tVJP8InYft
Sponsored by Wacom https://developer.wacom.com/technologies/will-universal-ink
• The Challenge is Simple. AngelHack’s nonprofit arm, Code For A Cause, is challenging superhero coders to build a technology that will have a positive impact on the world, people, or environment.
• The Prize is Awesome. At the end of the 9th Global Series, the top three Code4Impact Award Winners will be invited to the AngelHack HACKcelerator Program. One of these three lucky teams will be flown out to San Francisco, for our 5th Annual Global Demo Day and will pitch to some of the largest Accelerators and Investors in the world, while meeting with leading social entrepreneurs. For more details click here.
Grand winner team will receive $300 voucher (each member) for an Academy Xi bootcamp. Its a short course to upgrade capabilities in design and innovation.
Sponsored by Xi
Challenge: GEO leverages the Optus network to determine the popularity of a location based on the number of Optus mobile users in that area. Your challenge is to use the GEO API to create an engaging app that has revenue generating potential.
Prize: If Optus believes your product has revenue generating potential, you could have the opportunity: 1. to develop and commercialise the product with Optus; 2. to receive up to 1 million free API calls per month to the production API, for up to one year; 3. to obtain one months’ access to a co-working space at the Optus Yes Lab.
Sponsored by Optus
Code4Impact winners that meets Project Inspire's criterias will qualify for Project Inspire ""Hackathon Tier"" as a semi-finalist and win a dedicated crowdfunding page to raise funds & exposure for their project.
They will also be enroute to become the finalist to win $25,000USD grant, dependent on set criterias.
Sponsored by Project Inspire
Rubik is the biggest Fintech software provider in Australia.
Challenge: Build the most innovative, engaging and easy to use interface to collect and visualize customers’s personal details and financial information.
Prize: 1 Lumo Lift wearable posture and activity tracker for each member of the team.
Sponsored by Rubik