AngelHack Nairobi 2016
- Friday, Apr 29 2016
- 02:00 PM EAT
- Nairobi, Kenya
Grand Prize: An exclusive invite to our HACKcelerator Program
- A 12-week Curriculum to turn your hackathon idea into a startup reality
- A diverse network of both local and global mentors
- Weekly guest speakers
- A chance to fly to Silicon Valley for our Annual Global Demo Day and participate in a week of
- extensive pitch training!
Sponsored by Angelhack
Amazon Web Services
Prize: $100 in AWS Credits per person through AWS Activate and
- AWS Free Usage Tier
- 1 month AWS Support at Business level
- AWS Technical Essentials Online Training ($600 value)
- AWS Business Essentials Online Training ($600 value)
- 80 credits for Self-paced labs Training ($80 value)
- 1:1 Office Hours with AWS Solutions Architects
- Access to the Startup Blog and Startup Forum
- Special "Self-starter" Third-Party offers
Sponsored by Amazon Web Services https://aws.amazon.com/activate/event/anglhck16/
Challenge: Develop an app for iOS, Android, web, or Windows that uses the WILL SDK with a focus on productivity, writing, games, or other novel uses of digital ink.
Global Prize The top two WILL SDK projects from all over the globe will win the following: • Selected as finalists in the global Wacom Inkathon • All expense paid trip to CES in January 2017 • Finalists will then pitch for a chance to win $10,000, $5,000, or $2500 prizes.
WILL SDK Link: https://developer.wacom.com/technologies/will-universal-ink Global Prize Submission Link: http://goo.gl/forms/tVJP8InYft
Sponsored by Wacom https://developer.wacom.com/technologies/will-universal-ink
• The Challenge is Simple. AngelHack’s nonprofit arm, Code For A Cause, is challenging superhero coders to build a technology that will have a positive impact on the world, people, or environment.
• The Prize is Awesome. At the end of the 9th Global Series, the top three Code4Impact Award Winners will be invited to the AngelHack HACKcelerator Program. One of these three lucky teams will be flown out to San Francisco, for our 5th Annual Global Demo Day and will pitch to some of the largest Accelerators and Investors in the world, while meeting with leading social entrepreneurs. For more details click here.
The #SmartCityNairobi challenge is aimed at the developer community in Nairobi in conjunction with Twitter and the iHub. Developers will have the chance to create a solution for the city using Twitter’s API to solve a problem in the city. A jury of experts during demos at AngelHack Nairobi will choose three semi-finalists who will win $2,000 each per team onsite AND get the opportunity to compete for the ultimate prize of up to USD $10,000!!
Sponsored by Twitter