About this event
Open Data Day is a gathering of citizens in cities around the world to write applications, liberate data, create visualizations and publish analyses using open public data to show support for and encourage the adoption of open data policies by the world's local, regional and national governments.
You can hack on anything that involves open data
Could be a local or global app, a visualization, proposing a standard for common data sets, scraping data from a government website to make it available for others or even creating your own data catalog of government data.
- mention which open data sets you would like to use when you're proposing a project
- join the event here so we'd have an accurate head count
- convince every existing team member to join this platform and the project
- get to the venue on time
/!\ Warning, unstable schedule /!\
Coffee and introduction
08:00 – 08:45 – Coffee and registration
08:45 – 09:10 – Intro
09:10 – 10:00 – Projects and teams round up
10:00 – 16:30 – Hack 1.0
16:30 – 17:30 –
17:30 – 20:30 – Hack 2.0
20:30 – 22:00 – Conclusions
Project rules: No proprietary licenses for: code, media (text, artwork, videos etc.) or data. Every project must have its source code published, as well as the sources for any media f...
- No proprietary licenses for: code, media (text, artwork, videos etc.) or data.
- Every project must have its source code published, as well as the sources for any media files.
- Any database can be used, as long as it's public and its usage is not restricted by licenses or any other factors. We do, however, prefer official government data sets.
- Every project has a leader
- Every project leader has a GitHub account and will be made a member of the ODD17CJ organization
- Project leaders should host or mirror their team's source code on the organization's GitHub profile
- Official language of the event will be English or whatever language is common to all the participants registered in the morning of the event.