About this event
Do you have a novel idea for improving yours and others life in a sustainable manner? Does your idea involves IoT technologies? This call is for you! Participate in the Hackathon event during the IoT Week 2017. Propose your idea and develop your applications and services. This year, selected projects will focus on IoT solutions for tackling one or several of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted by the UN.
You will present your realization at the end of the event in front of a jury that will select the best projects to be awarded. Confirmed awards:
- The €5’000 IoT-Week Hackathon Siemens Award
- The 2’000 CHF ( €1’800) IoT-Week Hackathon ABB Award
- The €1’000 IoT-Week Hackathon Hasler Foundation Award
- The €750 IoT-Week Hackathon FESTIVAL project Award
All participants will receive for free an STM32 Nucleo development board from ST.
Room 18, level -1
9:00 - 9:15 - Hackathon Opening
9:15 - 10:00 - Workshop STM32 ecosystem + Bluetooth Low Energy and Wi-Fi connectivity, by Bertrand Pineau and Julien Tiron
10:00 - 10:45 - Workshop Eclipse sensiNact and FESTIVAL platforms, by Levent Gurgen
10:45 - 11:15 - Coffee break
Room 18, level -1
11:15 - 12:00 - Introduction to FIWARE IoT, by Fernando Lopez
12:00 - 12:45 - TagItSmart! - Smart Tags driven service platform for enabling ecosystems of connected objects, by Rob van Kranenburg and Iker Larizgoitia Abad
12:45 - 13:00 - Organization of hands-on Workshops for the afternoon
Room 12 (level 2)
14:00 - Hands-on workshop ST
16:15 - Hands-on Workshop Eclipse sensiNact and FESTIVAL platforms
Room 11 (2nd floor)
9:00 - 10:45 - Hands-on workshop Fiware IoT
11:15 - 13:00 - Hands-on workshop STM32 LoRa connectivity.
14:00 - 15:45 - Hands-on workshop TagItSmart
8:00 - 19:00 Hackathon (MOTTA space, level 2)
Registration Each member of the group has to register online using the following form : https://www.hes-so.ch/en/guest-registration-form-9110.html Please select 'Category' as 'Hackathon...
Each member of the group has to register online using the following form : https://www.hes-so.ch/en/guest-registration-form-9110.html
Please select 'Category' as 'Hackathon participant'.
Rules and informations
- The hackathon registration is free and will enable you to join the hackathon activities as well as coffee breaks, but not to attend the sessions, social events and lunch catering.
- Every night the CICG will be closed and every participant should leave before the closing hours specified earlier in this document. It means, that it's not possible to stay during the night to sleep inside the CICG.
- Each group will have access to two tables and four chairs in the Motta space (2nd floor of the CICG). If something extra needs to be added, please send us a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A wifi network will be available for everyone present at the event.
- Support team will be present every day with the teams to help them if they have any request.
- To access to CICG each participant has to have his own badge that will be given the first day of the event.
- The hackathon group will have a room to store some equipement, but it will be shared with all the teams present at the event.
- The first day, 4 workshops will be presented by our partners. Participation to these workshops is strongly encouraged.