About this event
The Black Blockchain Summit is excited to announce a Global Online Hackathon and Pitching competition. The goal of the hackathon is to build solutions within the Global Black Community that address the Agenda items from the recently held Black Blockchain Summit.
The Black Blockchain Summit 2018, was an interactive 2-day conferencing event, held on the 10th to 11th September 10th – 11th 2018, at the prestigious Howard University in Washington DC.
The summit brought together Blockchain Enthusiasts, Entrepreneurs and Thinkers to discuss a myriad of key challenges facing Black communities around the World. The objective of the summit was to find innovative and lasting solutions that disrupts the unsustainable status-quo, bringing lasting prosperity and independence as envisaged by freedom fighters and liberators in the “Arusha Declaration”.
The Summit brought together experienced speakers from around the globe discussing a myriad of topics in an interactive debate format which we call in Swahili language “Baraza”.
The Summit covered a myriad of key issues facing Black communities around the World and how Blockchain technology could be utilized to build disruptive solutions. We believe that through the use of disruptive Technology like Blockchain, and harnessing Black Cultural Competency, problems facing Black societies globally can be resolved in a timely and effective manner.
The Virtual Hackathon and Online Pitching Competition will bring together participants to build solutions following the agenda items that were selected from the Summit resolutions.
The Agenda Items are as follows:
- Build a platform to keep Law Enforcement in check and institute penalties such as malpractice fees to discourage corruption and maintaining evidence integrity.
- Build a platform to localize funding proposals for projects enabling efficient utilization of resources by government services.
- Build a platform that incentivizes students learning fundamental skills such as Logic and STEM courses.
- Build a platform that allows for the digitization of ownership and property rights for indigenous people.
- Build a platform that fairly disburses tokenized funds to projects that empower indigenous people.
- Build a platform that rewards creativity, protects cultural and intellectual property rights for indigenous people.
- Build a platform that enhances the adoption of sustainable energy solutions within local communities.
- Build a framework that supports development and growth of interoperable Community Currencies.
- Build a Decentralized Education System for training, seminars and home schooling.
- Build a Self-Sovereign Trusted Identity platform to enable free movement of Black people globally and end racial profiling.
- Build a platform to track addictive and poisonous drugs as well as weapons.
- Build a decentralized platform for funding and improving healthcare.
The Winner of the Online Pitching Competition will be part of the delegation from the United States of America travelling to The Africa Blockchain Conference in Kampala, Uganda in 2019.
- Trip to Pitch in Uganda
The winner of the Hackathon and Online pitching competition will get to travel to the Africa Blockchain Con...
The 1st Runner Up cash prize will be $500.
The 2nd Runner Up cash prize will be $250.
Schedule for the day is not published
Submissions Launch for Black Blockchain Summit Hackathon and Online Pitching Competition.
The rules for the Black Blockchain Summit Hackathon are as follows: <st...
The rules for the Black Blockchain Summit Hackathon are as follows:
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY (IP) RIGHTS
All submissions remain the intellectual property of the individuals or organizations that developed them.
PROTECTION OF IP
By submitting an Entry or accepting any prize, you represent and warrant the following: you will not submit content that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the content; and the content submitted by you does not contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms or other disabling devices or harmful code.
Participant represents and warrants that he or she is the sole author and copyright owner of the Submission, and that the Submission is an original work of the Participant, or if the Submission is a work based on an existing application, that the Participant has acquired sufficient rights to use and to authorize others; and that the Submission does not infringe upon any copyright or upon any other third party rights of which the Participant is aware, and that the Submission is free of malware.
Black Blockchain Summit organizers have the right at their sole discretion to determine whether an entrant is eligible for the Contest. The organizers may disqualify, at organizers’ sole discretion, the entries (including, without limitation, content submitted in connection therewith) that (a) are in violation of third party rights or law or regulation, (b) use inappropriate or explicit language or images, or display content that the organizers or Sponsors otherwise finds objectionable.
Winners will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Cultural Competency on Black Issues.
- Technical Competency in Blockchain.
Contest prizes are non-transferable by the winner. If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting such prize.